WTB 8x10

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by illumiquest, Apr 23, 2013.

1. illumiquest

illumiquest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I posted here a year ago looking for an "8x10 camera in any condition as long as it shoots" and someone graciously mailed me a functional but battered 8x10 (you know who you are!) That's served me well but is less than reliable and kind of coming apart at the seams. So I'd like to find a replacement, preferably something made less that 100 years ago. My budget is tiny so I'm looking for a beater but something which is stiff and capable of holding some larger lenses.

If anyone has something booting about please let me know.

Thanks!
    Giles

2. HTF III

HTF III Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can't you fix up the one you've got? I bet I can.

3. illumiquest

illumiquest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When I find a new one this one is free for the taking and you're welcome to it.

4. HTF III

HTF III Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, friend. If and when that day comes, it will be a bright day for me. Regards.

5. bkarasek

bkarasek Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello, I have a 8x10 Rembrandt Studio Camera with 8x10 back and several reducing backs, 8x10 > 5x7, 8x10> 4x5. The camera is made by B&J. The backs fit the B&J 8x10 also. If still interested, give me a shout and I'll send pics along with full dispcription and price. Shipping would be from Canada.

6. Tom1956

Tom1956 Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I wonder if Illumiquest found his camera. I'm looking for one too. But I'm also hunting a lens to go on it. A 300mm or 12 inch, that won't put me in the poorhouse. Anybody? Thanks.

7. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    I have Kodak 2D for sale and Ilex-Caltar 12 in. (copy of Kodak Commercial Ektar).

Jon

8. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    i have an ansco view and a schnieder 240/480 lens that could go with it....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

9. Tom1956

Tom1956 Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks Just so long as I don't come off as a beggar. Here lately all ebay has had is overpriced buy-it-nows. I don't do those. And it's all high priced Schneiders, Nikkors, or Rodenstock. All I need is come old lens that covers 8x10 and the shutter. Air shutter, mechanical, I don't care. I know they're out there. Just nothing on the auction sites I can find. Thank you.

10. Marc B.

Marc B. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Giles,

It might help to know, realistically...how much are you budgeting for this 8 X 10 inquiry?

Just saying. If you're trying to get something on the cheap, camera condition will probably be similar to what you already have; ie...light leaks in the bellows, missing pieces, broken or missing GG, warped bed or rails, loose or broken joinery, etc...

Marc