WTB: Agfa Clack

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by pgomena, Sep 10, 2013.

1. pgomena

pgomena Member

A friend of mine is looking for an Agfa Clack in decent condition. Anyone have one gathering dust in a closet?

Peter Gomena

2. George Collier

George Collier Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Clack?

3. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    agfa_clack-camera.jpeg Clack!

Produced by Agfa in 1954-1965.

Agfa Click en Clack.jpg and to its left: it's smaller brother the Agfa Click (6x6 cm negative)

The Clack is a beautiful simple camera: 120 roll film, 6x9 negative size, slightly curved film plane.
    Much more fun than a Holga (IMHO) and also excellent for rebuilding into a pinhole camera.

They can be found as cheap as $5 with an every ready case.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  4. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've always wanted one of these as well - but $5? I'm definitely living in the wrong hemisphere as I've never seen them that cheap in AU - and as for Evilbay, if you have a spare $75 hanging around, you can grab yourself a real bargain!! :whistling:

5. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole

Prices may very here as well (sometimes asking $150, but who is counting ....). But they can be found here on (digital & analog) flea markets for $10 frequently.
    I'm willing to look for you, but shipping costs would be Euro 16 extra (still no $75 though).

6. pgomena

pgomena Member

Thanks for the offer, ToadMen, but I know they can be found here in the USA without all the hassles and expense of international shipment. I bought one a week or so ago on the popular auction site as part of a two-camera, $18 buy-it-now offer - with a flash (!??) postage included. They show up on Craigslist, too, for reasonable amounts. Auction prices seem to get out of hand for these and other cameras that can be found in flea markets and garage sales. I think $10 is a bargain, and $20-$30 is reasonable for one in working condition.

They are really simple and fun to use, fun to handle because of their retro look and design. I haven't processed my first test films yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Peter Gomena

7. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I recently bought a near mint one including the leather! version of the ever-ready case for 4€€. Sure on the low end. But 10€€ would be a good average. But I don't see them on every fleamarket, rather now and then.

But 150$ ?? Must have been Lomography-refurbished...

8. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually the name does not origin from Agfa, but from the Rietzschel camera works who later had been bought by the Bayer company and via IG-Farben ended up with Agfa.
    "Clack" was first used for a variety of folding cameras in different formats.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  9. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  10. pgomena

pgomena Member

Great example, Jan! Yes, I don't expect the pictures to look like they were made with a Hasselblad. That's not the point. I'm sure the original intent for the pictures from a Clack was for them to be contact printed, so no one would notice any softness or other effects. I don't envision enlarging them to more than about 6x9", but you never know. Big, soft and odd is okay in my book when the intent is to have fun.

Pete

11. JohnC

JohnC Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    There's a lady with an usual camera collection... try junkstorecameras.com

12. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Nice!
    Apperently she "tested" all of them.
    Maybe OT, but also check her Pintoids website: nice ongoing project.

13. Moopheus

Moopheus Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I can imagine ebay sellers asking that much, but I can't imagine anyone actually paying it. I think I paid $20 for mine. I like to have it with me on bike rides, as it weighs practically nothing. It's kind of an interesting artifact--clearly a cheap, mass-market instamatic-type camera, and yet also clearly thought and attention to detail went into its design.

14. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Did you check the prices on Lomography?? And they are selling too...

15. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Many cameras were sold in much different numbers in different countries. So far within the last years in only saw three Kodak Brownies at fleamarkets and two of them even coming from Belgium.