WTB Bessler 23C III Lens board

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by mexipike, Apr 4, 2014.

1. mexipike

mexipike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I have a bessler 23c and I need a lens board with a smaller lens opening. I have one that fits my 50mm shcneider which I believe has a 39mm jam nut. My new to me Schneider 100mm does not fit at all, the opening is way to big. I'm not exactly sure what size but I'm sure someone here will have an idea! Let me know what you got.

2. mexipike

mexipike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
  3. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Note that the lensboards for the 23C variations and the Beseler 45 enlargers are the same 4"x4" boards. Later ones have a plexiglass "lightpipe" to illuminate the lens f-stop setting, early ones do not.

I'm pretty sure they are/were made with a 25mm mount. If looking on ebay, sometimes is cheaper to buy a board with inexpensive lens than just the board.

Enlarging lenses (though I don't know about Schneiders) were also made in a 32mm mount; I assume you've verified that yours are 25 and not 32.

4. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have a lens board sopmewhere with no hole, just a center mark. But if you are using a 39 n need to change lenses.. use the adapter!

5. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Or make one from 1/8" aircraft ply from the local craft/hobby shop.

6. mexipike

mexipike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Found one on ebay! Hopefully it works!

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

John

7. mexipike

mexipike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Well I did measure it, but I don't have any good calipers and just have some crappy measuring tape, looks like I got it wrong! If anyone has a 32.5 mm lens board or a 32.5 to 39mm adapter it would be great!

8. r-brian

r-brian Member

I got an undrilled board, just a pilot hole in the middle, and a board with a 30mm hole, at least that's what it measures with a ruler, can't find by calibers. Both have the plexiglass light pipe.

Brian

9. mexipike

mexipike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I guess i could achieve the same result by just drilling out the one I have slightly, though I'd need a pretty bug bit!

10. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Drilling a larger hole is difficult without special tools as you don't have the ability to utilize a pilot bit. It might be more feasible to file it out.

But unless your lens or r-brian's board is non-standard (i.e. 30 and not 32) they probably match.

11. mexipike

mexipike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I'm about to traveling for a big so I just went ahead and ordered the back ordered adapter to make the 39mm work for 32.5mm from BH. Should get to me in about five weeks or so. Thanks everyone for all your help getting this sorted out!