WTB Books

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by thebetterimage, Jul 13, 2010.

1. thebetterimage

thebetterimage Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    We are photograph conservators and have been building a library on the technical history of analog photography.

Our professional need was for in-depth, technical information on the wide variety of photographic processes encountered in a private practice. We have added the growing literature on photograph conservation and collected in the fields of technology, photo chemistry, criticism and history.

Over the years we have diligently searched out and purchased both individual items as well as collections, all with a focus on the technical history of traditional analog photography. Along the way, we acquired many monographs that helped us to expand our knowledge of individual artists as well as the histories and movements of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Although the monographs on individual artists were not the primary focus of our Library, there are now significant holdings of valued monographs on photographers from Richard Avedon to Edward Zerbe.

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you have a want list?

3. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi thebetterimage and welcome to APUG. Are you going to run an an with specific books your look for?

4. darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow it sounds like you have a very interesting conservatory. Do you have a website, physical address, and contact information?
    A list of items you are looking for or at least a list of items you allready have would be great!

Also, is there a way for people to check-out publications like a lybrary?
    Darin

5. Kevin Kehler

Kevin Kehler Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    http://www.thebetterimage.com/

"The mission of The Better ImageĀ® is to provide the highest level of conservation and preservation services for fine art and historic photographs to a diverse clientele while promoting the education of students, collectors and the general public in the theory, practice and art of photograph conservation."

No affiliation, just Google.

6. joebesse

joebesse Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am a retired photographer and wish to sell off my extensive collection of photography books. Please let me know what you are looking for. I was active in professional photography for over 30 years so I have many photography books on all of the processes. Please contact: joebesse@aol.com

7. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I presume you have a slew of BJP annuals. They really do well to chronicle al sorts of things photographic for me back to the mid to late 1800's. I buy them whenever I can, and find one from a decade past I do not have.