WTB Bronica SQAi kit

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by DSLR, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm looking for a Bronica SQAI or an SQA in decent shape with a few lenses and a couple of 120 backs. Preferably, I'd like an SQAI body with the waist level finder, manual winder, the 50, 80, and 150 PS lenses, and a couple of light tight 120 backs. KEH hasn't had any backs in a while and ebay's prices are a little outrageous at the moment.

I could pay around $550.

Could use a decent tripod too.

Thanks!

2. Chris Lange

Chris Lange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    550 seems a little low for a SQ-Ai body, 3 lenses (especially of the PS variety), and more than one back, though I'm a Hasselblad man myself, so maybe I'm just too used to looking at the exorbitant prices for that equipment and shying away...

3. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yeah, it's a little low, but I'm willing to pay a little more than 550 and the lenses don't have to be PS. It seems like recently all the Bronica gear has disappeared and all thats left are kits for $700+ on ebay.

4. JohnC

JohnC Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    We've a Bronica outfit that's been sitting in in aluminium case, unused, since 1996. If you're still looking for something, I'll send you pix.

5. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I know exactly what you mean! When I bought my SQAi gear not more then 2 years ago, there was plenty of it around - even the odd new lens or two. Now there is hardly anything. Is it all dying?

6. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Either that or everybody is holding on to it. I read somewhere that Bronica backs have a life span of about 5 years. Hasselblads are about 20 years.

Hows yours holding up?

7. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My back is fine - that would be 5 years professional usage, I would have thought.

8. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Anyone have a Bronica SQ prism or waist level finder you're looking to sell?

9. originalphoto

originalphoto Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    yes, 550 seems lower for three lens with body and backs. I paid 800 for similar kids on ebay three years ago.

10. DSLR

DSLR Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I ended up getting an SQ Ai body, 120 back, 80 f2.8 lens, WLF ($60 from Ebay), and hood all in EX+ condition from KEH for about $550 give or take. So, I guess my asking price was a little low. LOL The camera looks brand new though!