WTB: Canon V3 flash bulb gun OR similar flash unit that uses old fashioned bulbs

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by holmburgers, Aug 12, 2010.

1. holmburgers

holmburgers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey all,

I've always wanted to use flash bulbs on my Canon EF & AE-1P, or any of my cameras for that matter.

Some have doubted whether they made a purpose-built device for this, but indeed they did and it's called the Canon V3. I've included a picture. (Butkus site, Canon EF, Pt. 2, Pages 6-7)

I'd also be open to any other cold/hot shoe mounted flash guns (if a cold shoe, it obviously needs a PC connector). Whaddya got? Make me an offer :cool:

Attached Files:

2. JMC1969

JMC1969 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Honeywell Tilt-a-Mite II

I have two things you might be interested in.

1st- Honeywell Tilt-A-Mite II. Pretty neat little flash. I believe it is a hot shoe, however if you want to put it on a side bracket, the top flips back and you can unplug the PC cable and plug into your camera. There is a button on the back that says "cube advance", so apparently it takes cubes.

2nd- Canon J-3, cold shoe with PC cable. a switch on the bottom lets you choose if you want to use "AG" bulbs or "PH" bulbs. There is one (1) bulb in the flash and a package of five (5) to go with it.

I really don't know what these things are worth, so make me an offer and remember I like camera stuff too.

PS-I did rotate these, but for some reason it didn't end up that way when uploaded.

Attached Files:

3. JMC1969

JMC1969 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format