WTB Cheap stainless 6' or 8' sink Chicago Area

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by J Rollinger, Sep 7, 2010.

1. J Rollinger

J Rollinger Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm looking for a darkroom sink of at least 6 feet in the Chicago area (Due to shipping cost)

Thanks
    Jim

2. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One important suggestion. Be patient. I found a 9 ft stainless sink on eBay in Dallas which was a 4 hour drive, however it was priced right and included an archival print washer, a Zone VI 5X7 enlarger with lenses, etc. After I bought this one. a six ft one turned up for free and was local. Both were on Craigslist. Keep looking, you will find what you need. Bill Barber

3. frobozz

frobozz Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I know I have seen them show up on craigslist around here from time to time.

There is even one in the APUG classifieds, if you don't mind a drive over to Livonia, MI:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/81443-darkroom-sink.html

I drove down to Kentucky to get my essentially-free Kreonite sink!

Duncan

4. johnalex141r

johnalex141r Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I second the "wait for it" approach - I saw 2 fibreglass sinks (Ottawa, Canada, and Niagara Falls, Canada) before I found one that I could use - a Delta 2x4 sink with all the fittings. It took about a year for one small enough to use to come up. (two different towns - but my parents live in one, I'm in the other - people selling sometimes don't mind holding on to things for a few weeks if you are travelling)

I did pay about 40% of retail price for my sink, but got lots of stuff thrown in for free - so in the end I think I got a really good deal.

fyi, I look in ottawa.kijiji.ca and a local used-ottawa.com site. Craigslist seems pretty slow here. Keep your eyes peeled, and look in different places.

JohnS.

5. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    These come up often in the Chicago area.

6. guitstik

guitstik Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You might try what I did and that was to check out a restaurant supply place that specializes in reclamation of equipment. I found a 16'x3' stainless dry table for $75 and two deep stainless sinks for $50 apiece and $30 to have the sinks cut and re-welded to bring them up to the depth I wanted. The sinks are in SS tables with drains and I had to do some modification to them to get them the way I wanted. You should have it better in your area because of a lot of restaurants either going under and closing or doing booming business and remodeling.