WTB: dark cloth and focusing loupe.

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Richard S. (rich815), May 21, 2011.

1. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looking for function over aesthetics, anyone got either to sell? Thanks.

2. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I will try to scare up an extra loupe for you; I seem to remember a decent one (Peak 4x?) sitting around somewhere in some pile of something at some time. For a focusing cloth, I think lightweight jackets work great, or just two pieces of cloth (one black, one white) sewn together.

3. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That'd be awesome. By Peak loupe do you mean the standard one many people use for viewing slides on a light table? Or is this one specifically used for checking focus on the ground glass of a LF camera. Or does it matter? I'm looking for the latter, preferably one with rubber on the bottom to help prevent scratches on the ground glass. Being a newb with LF maybe any loupe can be used? Thanks....

4. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If I remember, it had a squared-off skirt, which is ideal for focusing cameras. But remember, I have to dig for it first! May take a few days to get to it.

5. ROL

ROL Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I assume we're talking large format?!? Have you thought about using neither? I don't.

I use a black (dark colored) windbreaker–rainsuit top (some use a XXXL black t-shirt), with the elastic waistcord snugged around the GG frame of the camera's rear standard, head through the neck (which doubles as, well – a raincoat), This is the functional, multi-use equivalent of the "BlackJacket" darkcloth, which resists getting blown around by the wind. I gave up the focusing loupe long ago in favor of 99¢ store 3.5 diopter (i.e., strong) eyeglasses.

6. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No prob. Thanks. But now you got me thinking I might have one of those deep in a box somewhere too.... :smile:

7. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Seeing the price of true LF focusing loupes on eBay I might just go that route!

8. jmcd

jmcd Member

Hello there. I have a darkcloth in very good shape. It has elastic and velcro on one end; red on the inside, black outside.

It is 39" x 36". I would ask $18.50 including shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

9. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PM sent.