WTB: FED 2

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Brian Legge, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I'm looking for a FED 2. I've heard a lot about the FSU cameras and would like to try one. I'm looking for a good user.

My ideal version would have lugs and a mushroom winding knob, but I'm open.

I'd prefer to deal with a US/Canada seller to minimize shipping costs. If you have something i might be interested in, I'd love to see a picture and hear your price.

Thanks!

2. Alex Bishop-Thorpe

Alex Bishop-Thorpe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't have one and I'm outside of North America, but if you dont find anyone with one to offer you could try Fedka.com. They sell good equipment and they're in the US, so shipping will be cheap. Prices are above what you'll pay on eBay, but not unreasonable, and they don't sell garbage.

3. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I looked at Fedka actually. The price was higher than I was hoping - and I understand quality comes with that - but I felt like if I was paying a premium, I wanted the specific version I had in mind. Unfortunately he didn't have that in right now. I've heard good things about Oleg as well. if I don't find anything here or on RFF, I'll probably buy from one of the two.

Thanks for the suggestion though - I spent way too long looking around to figure that out. Your comment would have saved me a long of time. Hopefully others see and find it useful as well.

4. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Make sure your FED comes with a take up spool. Surprising how many seem to be lacking these. Including ones claimed as working.

5. Bob Eskridge

Bob Eskridge Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe I have what you are looking for but it needs a CLA on the rangefinder and shutter speeds. It will be priced accordingly.

Will PM you when get home.

6. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks to all who responded. I found a FED 2 which fits my needs nicely. I've seen others here posting about interest in FED2s... it might be worth putting some of the others up in the classifieds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.