WTB: for a friend ... Mamiya RZ grip (on the cheap).

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Katie, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Katie

Katie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Checked KEH for her and the BARGAIN price is $115!!! If anyone has one they don't want anymore and can beat that price, let me know and I"ll relay it to her...

2. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Most of the older style plain "L" grips from the 645's and TLRs will work but if you are talking the electronic controlled RZ one those can get pricey. I have the adjustable angle non electronic model.

I'll let Matt come and tell us which of the older L grips will work. Those are a dime a dozen if you don't need the electronic connection for the shutter.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I guess I have a reputation :smile:

Sadly, I know nothing about the grips for the RZ.

Looking at the manuals though, it may be that the mechanical release grips for the RB67/C330 would fit and work.

4. Katie

Katie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    All I know is that it's not the pro II (whatever that means).

5. brucemuir

brucemuir Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Pro/Pro II designation makes no difference grip wise.
    The info is out there as I was looking at 645 grips when I was in the market for one for my RZ.
    I can't recall atm which ones will fit.
    These can be had for around 30 bills.

Matt I'm surprised you don't know this Mamiya tidbit :wink:

6. Katie

Katie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Okay - its the pro model. $30 would be fantastic! Please do let me know what you find out!

7. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Sure they always say "it's for a friend". We know you bought another kit and don't want to admit your GAS...he, kidding, couldn't resist

8. Katie

Katie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Haha! I've definitely been in a spree lately, but it's been for my mamiya 7 or the blad. :smile:

9. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bruce - if I had an RZ or had shopped for one I might very well have that tidbit.

Actually, much of my Mamiya knowledge came the hard way - I learned it before I discovered APUG. In one case by buying an entire camera because the grip I bought didn't fit the camera I had.

From what I can tell by looking at manuals on Mike Butkus' site, the RZ dedicated grips are ones that connect by cord to the RZ's electronic shutter release and flash synch - much like the dedicated grips for the Mamiya 645 Super and (with a different connector) the Mamiya 645 Pro/Pro Tl.

If one doesn't need that electronic connection, it's just a case of whether the grips physically fit and, possibly, whether a mechanical trigger lines up with the RZ's shutter release.

10. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    good luck

Finding the electronic L-grip for RZ for under $100 is a challenge. There are at least 2 or 3 mechanical ones that will work, that were made for RZ/RB, but most of these are heavier, and won't work with a winder attached. The best mechanical one is the multi-angle grip, but it's rather heavy. I wish the electronic one was as well-built as that one, but it's not. However, with the electronic integration, you can use it with a winder or anything else, since it doesnt' require physical placement to trigger the shutter button.

Good luck. it's a great accessory, and really helps when using the RZ handheld.