WTB - Leica 35/2 Summicron

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Colin Corneau, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Greetings,
    I've got an M6 and am keen to find a Summicron...the 35mm focal length is pretty much all I need and reasonably priced 'crons would be very welcome.

Many thanks
    Colin

2. Morry Katz

Morry Katz Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    There's no such thing anymore. They've all been snapped up by digi shooters. I looked for several months and the lowest price for a decent 35 'cron was about $1500! Finally got a Zeiss f2, 35mm Biogon - demo - for a reasonable price. Gorgeous lens. Razor sharp, contrasty, well built. Zeiss knows what they were doing.
    Morry Katz - Lethbridge, AB

3. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice, Morry. I have family and friends out your way -- next time I visit it'd be fun to go shooting.

4. davela

davela Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Certain versions can occasionally be found for $700-800 with patience - that's about as cheap as they get. The prices range up to over $2000 for the latest and greatest (and well over that for rare versions such as the LTM models). They are worth the cost and they hold value well. The Voigtlander 35mm F1.7 Ultron is just about as good optically, although mechanically it's not made as well (about $300 used).

5. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Think I may have found one, folks...'sale pending' I guess you'd say.

I did have a Voightlander 35/1.2 and liked it - never shot wide open as much as I thought I would but that's just me.

6. MaximusM3

MaximusM3 Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    If you don't need the aspherical, my favorite is the old, goggle-eyed one. Yes, newer one have been harder to find because of the M9 but they are out there. I second the rec for Zeiss, although I find their color rendition sometimes a little too cartoonish but otherwise fine lens and certainly a bargain for how good they are.