WTB M3 Flash bulbs

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by johnielvis, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    yeah..that's what I want--now gimme money!

I can get them on ebay for much more than they are worth--I hate ebay--these usually come with polaroid cameras when you buy them...tell you what..i got stuff to trade too...looking for anything?

I'll pay a fair price--the buy it now prices on ebay are not what I would consider fair prices though....that's why I'm here.

These are a dalliance....just playing around since theres literally NO future in them....trying to re-create the pics of the past.

2. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What's your idea of a fair price? I know I have some that might become available.

3. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    a fair price = $your time ($per hour at work x hours working to get and ship this stuff) + $your cost for the stuff, including mileage, gasoline + $shipping

4. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OK, thanks for your thoughtful response. I doubt you could afford my bulbs if that's your answer. Oh well.

5. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    so....that means you'd sell them for LESS? OK! I'll go for less than fair too....

ALL--let me re-phrase: I am willing to pay a fair price AND am also willing to pay less than a fair price.

YEAH! I love this place!

6. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dood. When buying bulbs I have a price I will not exceed. I know what that number is and that is a number I consider "a fair price". If I see bulbs above that, I don't buy. At or below, i buy. I assume that you are either a jokester or don't really know what your fair price limit is. If you would like to take the mystery out of the situation and state your WTB price since you don't like the prices you see on ebay then I'll gladly see how many I have for you. Your choice, but honestly you don't inspire me to go out of my way for you at this point... and it really isn't much effort to look for them. I'm not a mind reader, nor is anyone else.

But you are correct about the WTB prices... some are good and most are ludicrous (that means, reiculous). Better to look at the completed prices!

Yeah... I love this place too. Where else can you get both good information and a chuckle too!

7. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    p.s. Fell free to state your price in a PM if you don't want the secret known.

8. Francis in VT

Francis in VT Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    WTB M-3 bulbs

I have clear and Blue.

You could also shoot me a PM.

Francis in VT

9. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't have a set price--I want them as cheap as I can get them..just tell me what you want and I'll decide...just like you do. It seems I'm not the one with price secrets...if you sell the blasted things then you know what you will sell them for, right? geeze..I ain't a gonna offer MORE for which you will take less...you really wanna sell, give me a price that is not a rip...a buck a bulb is a rip

just use your price of reasonable--how about that--you're a pro bulb buyer, so hyou know what the going rate of reasonable should be--so give me that price, then add a bit for shipping and for your time. I'm glad to pay you for getting them cheap and passing on the savings, but you're not gonna get any sales for a buck a bulb. why not divulge your secret?

BY THE WAY: this post is intended toward those with bulbs that don't want them, and want to sell them but don't want to get ripped off by the pro-bulb buyers out there...I'll pay more than the pro bulb buyer will....

I know the pro bulb buyers are looking to rape me---hell...a guy is in the business of buying and don't wanna give me a price because he knows I don't know what the price should be...wants me to offer way more...forget it...that's dishonest...you got for sale, you're the seller...tell me what you want fer chrissakes. what is the number you will sell them for?

I'd like to pay a buck a box...tha'ts what I'd like...that's what I've seen them for at thrift stores, since you want to know...do I think its reasonable, no--I think they're worth more...but not 10x more...no way

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  10. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry to have engaged you in conversation, my friend. It appears that we do not have compatible dispositions to do a decent deal. Sorry, but good luck to you.

11. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    ha HA...I ain't your friend, dude, I'm now your COMPETITION.

anybody gots bulbs..get a quote from this bird first...send it to me and I'll do you better!

12. Bill Burk

Bill Burk Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Went to check and the cupboard was bare. Got a dozen 5B but after starting with 2 dozen M3's I'm down to just 3 left after a buddy's wedding.

So I'm in the market too. What's fair? A buck a bulb for a dozen plus shipping?

13. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    dude, are you seriously willing to pay a buck a bulb for m3's?....AND shipping.....now you're making ME think to get in the $marter than everybody bulb buy low and sell high....

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Intended as a friendly note::smile:

Fair market value is how much someone is willing to pay vs. how much others are willing to accept in order to part with their item(s). It's supply and demand. I imagine the amount one is willing to pay will go up once they determine no one will sell at the price he/she wants to pay. Either that or the buyer decides they don't need the item(s) after all. No amount of banter will help lower values. In fact, prices are more likely to go up or items become unavailable at "any" price. Personally, I'm not inclined to do anyone any favors by selling well below market value because I really need the funds. If a guy is at my selling table and wants to pay half the amount I know I can easily get no amount of banter will convince me to sell at his price. And continued "coaxing" is only going to annoy me until I politely ask him to move on to the next table.

I'll add one more friendly suggestion: Calm down just a little bit. Slow down just a little bit. Take some long deep breaths. Accept things for what they are. We can only "influence others" and we can only "change ourselves".

16. Alpenhause

Alpenhause Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just had a look at ebay flashbulb listings especially the sold listings to see how much value people are placing on them and how much they sold for.

Here are my conclusions IMHO

Plentiful!

Reasonably Priced!

I have bins and boxes full of them, one thing is for certain, I damn sure won't waste my time trying to sell them because they don't bear enough value, I have several vintage chrome dish flash units that I have restored and upgraded to using 9 volt batteries instead of the obsolete 22.5 volt battery.

I am sure glad I don't need to buy any!

Attached Files:

17. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There you have it. If none are available on your favorite forums at the price you want to pay then default to old eBay.

18. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    SUCK IT MONKEYS...twenny five cents a box!!!!! check it out!!!!

YEEE HAWWWWW...

oh..you bulb buyers..I got the same source..how much m3 bulbs (blue) will you trade for press 25 bulbs...better hurry..they're still at the thrift store and kids are handling them..they'll be thrown out in a week....hurry hurry hyrry ON THE CHEEP...how many boxes of m3 will you give me per 25b box!!!! tell me quck or they will be ruined by the thriftstore kids!!!!

19. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    MR ALPENHAUSE!!!!\\

look dont temp...how much for blue bulbs...lemme know...if you don't want to sell then dont' temp by showing legs..okay?

20. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    c-a-l-m.... d-o-w-n... j-u-s-t... a... l-i-t-t-l-e... b-i-t...

Congrats on your find.

21. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    still want more--want the blue ones---got a blue cover but that's a hassel....I can trade some clear ones for blue ones

I see everyone has them and they are very plentiful...now how about letting some of your stash go if they are so easy to get, eh???

anybody--trade clears for blues? Or straight up sell some plentiful bulbs instead of just showing you got bags of them....or will you end up like the "bulb buyer" and die with a storage locker full of them...and another bulb buyer will buy them for a a few bucks and keep them for ever...till he dies....this is how it goes folks...bleak future if you do NOT sell to me.

22. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    still want some more. dont' bother me if you want to rape me. I ain't gonna cooperate and you're gonna get cut.

23. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I gave mine away... for free. Nothing for you.

The Bulb Nazi. :laugh:

24. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    HA! much better--I'd rather have you give them to someone else that uses them than save them and try to screw me cause you want to make big dollars from a "sucker".

25. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    done!

... but it could have been you if you weren't so abrasive. Oh well, all this (that?) is past tense.

NO BULBS FOR YOU!

26. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    any other jealous haters wanna give some away, please do so, just like this dude here. Hey, if people hating on me gets free bulbs to others, then I'm all for it. One of the recipients may just repay me in kind.

And I thank you for doing what you can to keep the price of bulbs cheap for me however you wanna do it--directly or indirectly--it's ALL good for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.