WTB: Minolta 16 carts

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by nickrapak, Dec 30, 2012.

1. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just acquired a Minolta 16MG camera and would like to give it a spin. Unfortunately, it didn't come with any film cartridges, and from what I've heard, the guy selling the cartridges on ebay is selling crappy epoxy knock-offs that have light leaks and scratch the film. If anyone has an extra cartridge, I'd appreciate it.

2. Someonenameddavid

Someonenameddavid Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I have a set of Minolta 16 Filters that I want to find a user for them pm me

David

3. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a 3 new-original-stock cartridges, with box and still in sealed "coffin". I have some used ones that would be cheaper, but they won't be accessible to me for a couple of weeks. PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

4. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    here's a tip for you Minolta 16 shooters -- you don't actually need a cartridge to use those cameras. If you take a length of 16mm film (about 20 inches, I believe) you can coil it up on the supply side of the film chamber, tape the end to the take-up shaft on the other side (all this is in total darkness, of course) close it up and away you go -- you have to take the film out in a darkroom too, but if you just want to give the thing a try, this works.

If you do this, fire off about 5 blanks -- frame spacing on those is usually done by a cam that compensates as the take-up roll gets fatter, but the take up shaft is thinner than what the cam is designed for, so you need to compensate more. :whistling:

if you go to submini.org you can find sources for film, or make a cheap slitter (i once made one out of a couple blocks of wood, a door hinge and some felt and razor blades) and make your own.

5. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Purchase pending...

6. Marc B.

Marc B. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I remembered this thread from a few days ago.
    Was looking through 'Pacific Rim Camera' for other things, and saw a mini 16 cartridge.
    On their 'catalog' page, click to 'new arrivals,' then to 'sub miniature.'

155945 MINOLTA CASSETTE FOR MINOLTA 16, EX $20.00

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013