WTB: Minox film slitter

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Barry S, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    My new job as an international spy requires me using a Minox B camera. Times being tight, I'll need to slit and load my own film, so I can afford the payments on my underwater car and jet glider. If you have a film slitting device, ideally one that slits film from 120 rolls, but others may be fine--please contact me by dead drop, or PM--whatever. Thanks.

2. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I used to refer people to "Goathill Photo", but recent posts suggest he hasn't been filling orders.

3. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks, the Goathill guy no longer responds to emails. I did find a guy that makes some very nice,, but pricey splitters. I think I'll hold off on anything fancy until I see if I like the Minox.

4. IloveTLRs

IloveTLRs Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    So I'm guessing Goat Hill has gone the way of the Dodo? I sent an email and have heard nothing.
    Finding slitters for sale (ebay, etc.) seems to be impossible. What are the options then, Do-It-Yourself?

5. Xmas

Xmas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    You have a link for pricey splitters Inc.?

6. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The Goathill guy took 6 weeks, but he eventually responded to me and I now have one of his film slitters. He told me he'd be building more, but it would take months, so don't be surprised if contacts you--but who knows when? There are also plans at http://kcbx.net/~mhd/2photo/slitter/build.htm and they look fairly simple.

Jimmy Li makes the fancy Minox film slitters and by all accounts, they're beautiful little machines that work well. Although they're not inexpensive ($200?), they look like they're worth it if you're a hard core Minox shooter.

http://minoxit.com/category/film-negative/jimmy-lis-slitter/

7. IloveTLRs

IloveTLRs Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    Well, Goathill never got back to me, so I ended up designing and building my own slitter. It wasn't without its perils, but it has been rewarding.

Shooting MINOX makes for excellent film economy!

8. IloveTLRs

IloveTLRs Member

Shooter:
    Sub 35mm
    I ordered and received a Jimmy Li slitter. It was around that price, but it's constructed nicely and easy to use. I would say a good investment if you are a hard-core MINOXer/MINOXette.