WTB: Nice working Kodak Retina IIa

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by darinwc, Apr 2, 2013.

1. darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Havent had any luck getting a working camera.. my last purchase from ebay and the camera came with the lens separated from the body!
    I would like to find a nice working camera. Does not have to be the prettiest. I'm in the US and can pay via paypal. THX

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have several non-working ones, they are very common. The working one I have works because I had it serviced (sorry, not currently for sale).
    Even if you find one that is functioning when you look at it, my recommendation would be to get it CLA'd immediately.

3. epatsellis

epatsellis Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a working Ia if that helps

4. R.Gould

R.Gould Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    In what way was the lens separated from the body, as the camera does have interchangeable lenses, so it should be possible to re attach the lens, there should be red dots on lens and body line the dots up, and turn the lens clockwise to lock it into place, and if the shutter is working then I would get it serviced,
    Richard

5. Punkinhed7

Punkinhed7 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i have a working IIa, though not completely sure I want to part with it--how much are looking to spend?

6. darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No, the iiA is not a removable lens. The iiC is, im not sure if there is a iiB.

On the one i have, The whole thing was unscrewed from the focusing helical. Its very hard to get the focusing helical back in place. I tried a number of times but cannot get it to thread on.