WTB nikon F3 standard back, super cheap or free!

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by trythis, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just bought a seriously beaten up Nikon F3, that needs TLC. I am kind of adopting it, but I nwant a non motorized style regular back. This one has a block of (whatever) hanging off and I doubt I will ever use the motorized back as it is not my style (too heavy)

If you have an extra you can let go of for shipping, or very cheap, I would much appreciate it.

I would also love a Waste level finder, but they are kinda rare and I never see them in my budget.
    Anyone with a broken HP finder that I could use for parts? This one has no threads left.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  2. illumiquest

illumiquest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like you may have bought a P version... Does it say P after the serial on the back?

3. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I dont have it yet, you can see it in the classifieds, its a real beater, or patina'd as I like to call it.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/126695-beater-nikons-f3hp-fe2.html

It looks like someone popped a different back on it a long time ago.

4. dorff

dorff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a working body, and non-operational one I bought for spares a few months ago. I still need to take them to the technician to make one good body out of both (the AE lock button has fallen out of the working one, for instance). There is a good chance that I might have a spare back in a few months' time for you. So if you don't get help before say March, remind me again and I will see whether I could send it to you. It might cost you a counter-trade, though. :wink:

5. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Cool, maybe you'll have some extra bits from your broken unit too. Mine needs a few innards for the film counter.

6. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not a beater or a door only but I have a nice F3HP with lens (28-70 tokina ATX) for anyone looking for one of these. I am just not a nikon 35mm kinda guy...

7. illumiquest

illumiquest Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Definitely not a P. Hope you didn't pay too much for that, it looks like it fell off a building into a wood chipper.

8. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The back you have stops the rewind with the leader out, the block hanging out the back is a switch and contacts to the motor drive. There was also a program back that could imprint date info on the image, and I'm not sure what else.
    Without the motor, then yes, the contact block would be a little vulnerable.

9. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ha!:laugh:
    I paid less than any F3hp has sold on the ebay as far as I can tell. I am pretty sure that I can get my money back out of it if I decide to sell just by parting it out. My aim is to shoot with it, and I love that I cant possibly feel bad about scratching it!

It looks like the tab that is hanging could be removed and the screw holes taped over, but I thats just from looking at photos.

10. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I removed the outer portion, it works, but it requires leaving electrical tape on the outside.

Anyway, Bump!

11. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    bumpin this, still hoping someone has a trashed, parts f3 and doesnt need the standard back.

12. mopar_guy

mopar_guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a back that came with my F3, but the hinge side is bent. You might be able to straighten it.

13. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am up for that! You should see the hinge portion of the camera body on mine, someone tested the theory of using this camera as a hammer! :laugh:
    Anyway, send me a PM with details.

14. mopar_guy

mopar_guy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you would like to have the back that I mentioned, send me a Private Message with your address. If you would agree to send me an $8 money order, it should cover the postage.

15. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Now I have to wait. A perfect one is available for a little more. I have to decide....

sent from phone. excuse my typing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.