WTB: Nikon SLR

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by lns, Jul 10, 2010.

1. lns

lns Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm looking for a Nikon SLR for my 9-year-old daughter, who is taking a photo class this summer. Either manual or auto focus would be fine. A package with a 50mm lens would be great too. I am looking for a small and light camera. My F3 is too heavy for her, but she does fine with an FE2.

Thanks!

-Laura

2. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The FG and FG-20 are the smallest and lightest Nikons with full manual exposure. The EM is slightly lighter but only has one manual speed (1/90).

The FE would be a good choice too - a lot cheaper than an FE2 but not much less functional.

3. lns

lns Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I'd love an FE for her, because I think the match needle metering is so good for beginners. I gave my son my FE2 w/ 50mm lens last year. Luckily, she's the third and final child, so this should be the last camera acquired. :smile:

And if you believe that ....

Darin, that's an awesome offer, but I'm really hoping to find a more normal lens, so can I have a few days to think it over?

-Laura

-Laura

4. LyleB

LyleB Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I could offer a very lightly used FM10 with the 35-70 kit lens that came with it. Would also include the fake leather case that comes with these. No strap. Works perfectly. Bought this several years ago as a cheap replacement for an FM2 that had been stolen. Ended up getting another FM2 and several others off ebay of late, so have no real use for this camera any more. Not the same league as a FE or FE2, but probably safe that it will not need a CLA for quite some time and still fully supported by Nikon.

$100 shipped.

5. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ^^Excellent deal, Nikon lists that camera on their website a notch above 300 brand new.

6. ausphoto

ausphoto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Can offer a Nikkormat with a 50 1.4

7. lns

lns Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks to everyone. I found one.

-Laura