WTB Nova Slot Print Processor

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by KWhitmore, Jan 3, 2011.

1. KWhitmore

KWhitmore Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for one of these monochrome slot processors as I will soon be losing my current darkroom and will need to move my printing/processing to my bathroom. The 8x10 size processor would be ideal for the small space I believe. I print both RC and fiber if that makes any difference. I'm located in Montreal Quebec. Thanks in advance.

-Kathy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  2. vedmak

vedmak Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    how about getting a jobo instead? You can do up to 16x20 on it and the price is about the same as the nova for 8x10, plus you can do color if you wanted.

3. KWhitmore

KWhitmore Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for your reply vedmak.

A Jobo would be a last resort. I'd much prefer to retain the ability to see the prints as they develop. As for prices, I was under the impression that Jobo units were much more expensive...there are more parts for them as well?

Kathy

4. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You just missed my Trimate by a week, it just went to Russia.

5. KWhitmore

KWhitmore Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Darn! Guess I'll have to be patient... :whistling:

6. L Gebhardt

L Gebhardt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    One option is to make your own out of plexiglass. You should be able to have a plastics shop fabricate one for not too much money if you don't have the tools to cut the sheets.

7. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Trimate model has temp control via heated water jackets, great for color work, or use in a cool DR where ambient temps are hard to maintain. New ones are still being made, but super pricey.

8. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They show up on ebay from time to time (and there is one there now), they sometimes sell for relatively cheap money if the auction doesn't end on a weekend.
    However shipping will add a lot of overhead. It's probably worth a visit to Nova's web site to see what they might have available second-hand. Shipping from the UK to Canada might not be much worse than shipping from the U.S.

For B&W, they are quite a lot nicer to work with than a drum in a Jobo.

9. perkeleellinen

perkeleellinen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  10. KWhitmore

KWhitmore Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Steve.

I did check out their used processors first...it's the shipping that frightens me most as far as costs go. What with weight, size, international taxes and duties etc...I would purchase from them as a last resort.

I'm hoping someone here in Canada has one sitting in a closet or basement waiting to be rediscovered/remembered. :wink:

Kathy

11. cmo

cmo Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    If you hear about someone in Europe who is willing to sell a Nova larger than 8x10" let me know, I am looking for one, too :smile:

12. mbrouphy

mbrouphy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Have Two(2) 16x20 Tri-mates For Sale

I found this thread via a Google search for Jobo/Nova Tri-mates and here I am.

If you haven't yet resolved your search for a slot processor, then by all means contact me. We have two well-kept 16x20 Tri-Mates, the US version of the Nova I guess, which we used for B/W print processing. While the processors do have the thermal controls we never used that function.

Please feel free to contact me on these units at your convenience. My contact info is: Mike Brouphy, email - mbrouphy@yahoo.com, phone - 504-914-0534, located in New Orleans, LA USA.

Hope to hear from you or someone else interested in these units.

Thanks, Mike

• :smile:

13. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i want one too for my new closet darkroom in central florida. plese pm if you have one close.