WTB (or borrow): The World of Lith Printing

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by toro_mike, Jan 16, 2013.

1. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I know this is a really big long shot, but I thought I'd check anyway. You never know, stranger things have happened! I've been getting started on printing lith images and have had a heck of a time finding resouces to help me out. You can see my first (probably pitiful) attempts on my Flickr site using Arista Premium Liquid A&B Lith Developer and Ilford MGWT paper. I have checked out Moersch's site and Tim Rudman's site as well as seached here for information. There is good information, but it is not very in depth. Many hits on this site recommend Tim Rudman's books, which are completely unavailable or are priced at insanely/stupidly high prices.

Anyway, if anybody has a copy of Tim Rudman's "The World of Lith Printing" they'd be willing to sell at a fair price or would loan to me, I would be <hyperbole>forever indebted</hyperbole> :smile:

Thanks for listening and for any additional thoughts that you may have on this topic...

2. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Saw one copy at Alibris.com for around 45 dollars

3. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

I checked there a couple of times over the last month or so, and have yet to see it at anywhere near such a reasonable price. At this moment, they range in price from $190 to $391.59. What a deal :confused:

Thanks Chris! I appreciate the thought...

4. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd say contact Tim directly and ask how to obtain the book: http://www.timrudman.com/contact

If he does not reply, PM me. I have both of his lith books and can lend them to you if you pay for the shipping.

5. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks anikin, I appreciate it. I'll try to contact Tim again and if that fails, PM you for a loan. He should be back from Iceland by now I think.

Thanks again...

6. rrankin

rrankin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've got one you can borrow. I believe he did a second edition of it, and this would be the first edition, I suppose.

Richard

7. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    By the way, the "Master Photographer's Lith Printing Course" is available on *bay. Search for it, for example item # 360550817486

8. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that anikin! I was just able to get it through Half.com for even less from the same seller. Nice! Any thoughts on this one vs The World of Lith Printing? Are both recommended or is just "Master Photographer's Lith Printing Course" good for awhile?

Thanks again!

9. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's been a while since I read them. I'll take a look when I get home tonight. I believe the the "Course" was much more thorough/useful, but my memory might be fading...

10. anikin

anikin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just looked at both of these books. As I said, the "Course" contains an order of magnitude more information on how-to's of Lith printing. The "World of Lith Printing" is more of a collection of different printing styles and examples. They are quite inspiring, but as a practical guide, the "Course" is what you want. If you want, I can still mail the "World" to you to borrow.

11. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks so much anikin. I will PM you.

12. Michael W

Michael W Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Definitely get the first book, The Master one. World of Lith is more into showing portfolios from various photographers, even has a section on how to fake the lith look in Photoshop. The first book is the one with all the relevant darkroom info.

13. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the additional information Michael. I have the first book on order, so hopefully it will show up soon. anikin will be loaning me the World of Lith, so I will get to go through both! So excited as lith is so much fun and I can't wait to explore it further!