WTB: Pentax adapter for M42 Screw Mount lens on K-mount film body

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Trask, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I'm looking for an real, genuine, not-a-copy Pentax lens adapter permitting me to put my M42 screw mount lenses on a K body (an MX, specifically). I know there are many others made by some good and some not-so-good companies, but I think it's safest to use the real deal. (I wonder if they came with, or require, a removal tool?) Please PM me if you have one for sale -- I'd appreciate it.

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Pentax one has a small metal sprung catch to keep it from moving when you unscrew a lens and they don't need a removal tool.

Ian

3. CollinB

CollinB Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, you don't need a special tool for the Pentax, but you do need something to push the spring back when removing it from the body.
    Some I know just remove the spring and attach it somewhat permanently to the lens (Loctite would do the job).
    It's expensive per lens but saves a lot of hassle removing the lens, and then the mount, to go back to a K lens.

4. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I'll probably be shooting primarily older M42 lenses, so won't be removing the adapter from the MX body all that frequently.

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've always managed with just my fingernail.

Ian