WTB - Polaroid SX-70

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by sidearm613, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sidearm613

sidearm613 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Now that the Impossible Project has successfully launched its film production, I think its time I got one of these classic Land cameras, rather than walking around with a trashy plasticky 600 series camera. With that in mind, I would like to know if anybody here has an SX-70 they would be willing to sell. I am most interested in the early models, with the two tone SLR bodies that were sold in the mid 1970s. I really do not want autofocus or on of the 1980s bodies. I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount, and they seem to be fetching between $20-$60. This is more or less the range I would be willing to shell out, although a pristine example would be worth more and I would entertain that as well.

I am a student so money doesn't come on a silver platter, so do consider that when you quote a price. I simply haven' got the coin to pay $200 for a Polaroid.

Feel free to email me:
    sidearm613@aol.com

2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. sidearm613

sidearm613 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anybody!!!????
    :/

4. holmburgers

holmburgers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but being in a huge city like LA, if you spent one day hitting every thrift-store, antique mall & goodwill, you'll probably find one. I got one for $15 here in my neck of the woods.

Good luck :smile:

5. sionnac

sionnac Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    KEH.com has one for about $50. Not sure when it dates from.

6. hmb

hmb Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    looks like on "that auction" site, since the new film is launched, prices have jumped...or dbld. Looking at about $80 so the KEH might be a good choice. Good Luck! I found one for 26 with the original leather case about 5 months ago. love it.