WTB - Series 7 to metric filter adapter

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by hoffy, Sep 4, 2012.

1. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi,

I have been meaning to look for one for a while, so I thought I would try here first, to see if anyone has a spare.

I am looking for a Series 7 (VII) to metric filter adapter, where the series 7 is the thread on the lens and the metric size is the thread that accepts the filter. My preference would be series 7 to 67mm (as the lions share of filters I own are 67mm), but I would basically take anything with a smaller metric thread.

If you have a spare you want to part with, please send me a PM.

Thanks

2. r-brian

r-brian Member

The Series filters are the size of the actual filter not the lens diameter. That is a Series 7 filter holder may have anywhere from a 49mm to 62mm threads to fit various lenses. By having a different filter holder to fit all your lenses with different diameters, you can use the same set of filters on all the lenses. Think of them as an early version of the Cokin system, different adapters for individual lens that allow you to mount one set of filters. Some of the holders are screw-on, some are push on.

That said, 67mm filters will screw into the front of a Series 8 holder. But you have to get the right size holder for each of your lenses. When I was shooting 4x5, I used a Series 8 holder that had 3 thumb screws that tightened down on the outside of the lens barrel. I got use the same holder on all my lenses smaller than 67mm in diameter.

3. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OKO, I thought it was a standard size. I do realise that there is, or should be a retaining ring and that the filters were drop in. I didn’t realise that the thread wasn’t a standard.

Back to the drawing board I suppose!

4. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Whatcha tryin' to do mister?

5. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am trying to use 67 mm filters on a Koni Omega (58mm lens). I did read somewhere that you could use a series VII to VIII adaptor and the 67's will screw into that.

For this to happen, though, I would also need to get a retaining ring, as my 58 doesn't have it.
    SO, if anyone has a:
    Retaining ring for a K-O 58mm lens
    A Series VII to VII adaptor,

Please let me know!

6. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hoffy me old fruit - PM me your address and I'll send you a Ser.VII->58mm ring. Then all you'll need is a standard 58mm->67mm step up ring.

7. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Paul - I have sent you a PM

8. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ring on the way - The gods willing (a.k.a. Customs & postal services), should be with you in around two weeks.