WTB: Shen Hao 5x7 back

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by pacviewcam, Jan 11, 2012.

1. pacviewcam

pacviewcam Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Need to buy a Shen Hao 5x7 back, for 5x7 camera (not a reducing back if I can help it) -- you know, the one that is set up like an International (Graflock) back. Need to modify it to fit on my existing equipment so I can use a pano roll film back.

If you want to offer up one of their 57 reducing backs, that's fine too, but I'd hate to modify it that much -- they're beautiful pieces of work as-is.

I'll check back here periodically, or reply here and to the email address below.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

--Michael
    mhendrickso@gmail.com

2. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Shen will make custom backs for low prices. The communications are a bit tricky but it's doable. They made a beautiful 5x8 back for me for something ridiculous like $300.

3. pacviewcam

pacviewcam Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, that's an option. I've already started a ball rolling on that.

The problem arises, though, of communication. First, my first email got a reply after about two or three weeks. Then, I find out that to send them money (wire transfer) my bank will charge me 45 smackers. I just don't want to give the bank a free 45 smackers. I inquired as to any other possible way to send them money, and, again, no reply.

Tonight I'm working on a project to modify a back I already have. We'll see how that goes. (C'mon people, save me from myself!) Meanwhile, there's a Shen Hao 5x7 reducing back for a 4x10 camera that I might just spring for and modify, which would cost me about the same as if I got a stock back from Shen Hao directly, including shipping, without the free bank money.

I suppose that I can just swallow hard and cut the thing up, even though I hate to do that to a nice piece of equipment like that. But what the hey -- what we do for our art, eh?

Or, maybe this project will work out tonight.

Meanwhile, anybody else? Solutions to the problem? Shen Hao 5x7 back you're not using??? ....