WTB: SMC Pentax-F 50mm F1.7

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by MrclSchprs, Jun 29, 2012.

1. MrclSchprs

MrclSchprs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello,

I'm looking for a Pentax-F(A) SMC 50mm F1.7 (35mm) lens. There is one lying on your shelf gathering dust and you do not intend to use it anymore? Please let me know.

All the best,
    Marcel

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
  2. Felinik

Felinik Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just out of curiosity, and specific reason that you want the F and not the FA, and the 1,7 and not the 1.4 ?

:smile:

Cheers,
    /J.F. Felinik

3. MrclSchprs

MrclSchprs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Both the F and the FA version will do. However, I prefer the 1.7 over the 1.4 for two reasons; not only for its price but also for the sharpness. The rumor goes that the 1.7 is sharper than the 1.4. Still looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  4. Felinik

Felinik Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Apparently this seems to be a question about reflections, a 1.4 with a proper lens hood is according to tests done by a pentaxforum member as good as the 1.7.

"You must use a hood with this lens to get a high contrast image out of it. The lens element is pretty much fully exposed, and is prone to flaring. A hood is a necessity with any lens, but it really stands out here compared to my experience with the 50mm 1.7, which has a recessed element. If you try this lens without a hood, you aren't really trying this lens."

"With the hood, the FA1.7 is still sharper than the FA1.4, but only marginally so. Oh yes, since the front element of the FA1.7 is already recessed, adding a hood doesn't really do much more for it."

:smile:

(I'm about to buy the FA50mm 1.4 myself, new, so I've been doing some research lately too.)

5. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have just had a look at mine. It's a Pentax-M f1.7 What is the difference?

Steve.

6. MrclSchprs

MrclSchprs Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The F and FA version are autofocus lenses.

7. Felinik

Felinik Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    M is all manual, then there's the A version, which has Aperture Reporting/Control from the camera body, F and FA are, as mentioned already, autofocus lenses.