WTB - Studio A shutter parts for Wollensak 5x7 Series A portrait lens.

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Andrew Moxom, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a great shape portrait petzval lens that has a studio shutter and working aperture. However, it's missing the small metal block that screws to the lens barrel that has the plunger to operate the aperture lever. Anyone have a non working lens or studio shutter with one of these on it?

2. Barry S

Barry S Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ahhh, so you won that auction. :smile: Good luck with your search, I've had the worst time finding any Studio shutter parts.

3. eddie gunks

eddie gunks Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Not sure what you need. Post a picture. If ten aperture works off the ring them consider yourself lucky and do not worry. About it

It sounds like u r looking for the part the shutter release screws into.

4. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Eddie, correct, it's a small metal block were the release screws into. The block has 2 small screws that should attach it to the back of the shutter ring. I think (not 100% on that though) that the cable release block is a mechanical version, not like the pneumatic one on my 12" Velogstigmat Series II studio shutter... I tried fitting the pneumatic actuator onto the Series A lens, but it was the wrong size :-(