WTB: Tamron adaptall II Pentax K mount adapter

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Ian Grant, May 23, 2012.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I need a K mount adapter for a Tamron lens, this is for a fellow APUG member in Istanbul.

Ian

2. Photo-gear

Photo-gear Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The cheap ones do not convey aperture information or allow diaphragm actuation. All they do is allow a Tamron lens to be mounted on a Pentax body. That's fine for mirror lenses, but not for others.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You're correct and I'm looking for a Tamron mount not a cheap 3rd party one. Found a number of Tamron mounts in a photo store yesterday but not a PK mount, so I'm still looking.

I'm also after a Canon EOS mount, and they were made :D

Ian

5. Photo-gear

Photo-gear Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The one I found for cheap perfectly works with two Tamron adaptalls. Focus to infinity for both and both allows light measurement.

The problems with adapters is mainly related for to the ones that change the focal flange distance. For instance, some adapters are used for mounting M42 lenses on K mount bodies, and in some cases, the adapters modifies the flange focal distance and then the focus to infinity is not possible.

So far, the Tamron adaptall system is basically designed to fit every system.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  6. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's one thing to work; another to work perfectly. Perfectly means it works like the original. The knock-offs are not the same; they are very limited. And the adapter would have to be outright defective if it did not focus to infinity.

I have an older Adaptall lens I bought 35 years ago which would allow metering in stop-down mode with one of those knock-offs, if I didn't mind sliding the manual/auto diaphragm switch to M to meter and to shoot at the desired aperture. It would work, but not as well as with the genuine adapter, which allows open-aperture metering and auto diaphragm.

A quick look at the genuine adapters on that page and the cheap knock-offs shows that the cheap ones only physically adapt. The cheap adapters all lack the mechanisms necessary to convey aperture information to the body and actuate the diaphragm. It is obvious by looking at the pictures. On the genuine adapters those mechanisms are clearly visible; on the knock-offs they are obviously missing. The only Tamron lenses with which those mechanisms are not needed are mirror lenses.

Completely irrelevant. That's a different type of adapter. Those adapters allow mounting fixed-mount lenses onto bodies with a different type of mount. With rare exception (e.g., a Fuji-made M42 to Fuji X-mount) those adapters also eliminate all interaction between lens and body except for physical mounting.

Adaptall, Adaptall II, Adaptamatic, T, T4, TX, and others, are interchangeable-mount lenses with proprietary adapters which allow them to mount onto a variety of camera makes. They do not have flange distance issues. The knock-offs only would if they were not made right.

Most, not all. But some adapters are very hard to find now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So lxdude after hijacking my WTB advert you're going to post me an Adaptall II PK mount :D

Seriously I still need a PK mount adapter.

Ian

8. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oops!:redface:

I only have one- if I had two I'd send you one...sorry.

HEY EVERYBODY! IAN NEEDS A GENUINE TAMRON ADAPTALL II ADAPTER FOR K-MOUNT!!!!
    (would an original Adaptall work for you?)

OH, AND HE ALSO NEEDS ONE FOR CANON EOS!!!
    (good luck on that one...)

9. Ed Bray

Ed Bray Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a few genuine Adaptall 2 mounts, I will have a look and see if I have a spare PK mount, I know I have a couple of PKA mounts but would prefer to keep them.

Watch this space!

Apologies, I have had a look through my 'mounts' box and apart from the PKA mounts on my 90mm f2.5 Macro and 17mm SP I only have the following:

2x Olympus OM, 1x Nikon AI, 2x M42 (one on a 80-210 f3.5 and one on a 28mm f2.5) and another PKA.

Sorry, I thought I also had a PK too!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  10. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A PKA would do I think :D

Ian

11. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, those PKA's are highly sought after!

Like the EOS ones...

12. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd happily use a Chinese EOS adapter if the Tamron lens had a Manual/Auto diaphram. I use M42 to EOS Chinese adapters with the focus confirmation and they work well, but most of my Tamron Adaptall lenses have no manual setting.

In this case there's two Tamron lenses involved, both given free here on APUG, the best one was for my niece to use on an EOS. the older to go to Umut in Istanbul, because the older lens has a manula/auto switch it's going to my niece and a cheap Chinese EOS adapter will be perfect, the genuine Tamron mount did littlle more.

However the newer lens is now going with me to Turkey on Sunday and will be passed on to Umut (an APUG member) I guess I'll have to let him have my PK mount adapter until I find another :D

Ian

13. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've wondered about that. With only electrical contacts between EOS camera and lens, I figured the EOS adapter would either be unable to actuate the diaphragm, or they somehow managed to put an actuator in the adapter!
    And here I thought Umut only used Leica!:D