WTB: Ultra-large paper

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by modafoto, Jan 13, 2005.

1. modafoto

modafoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi

A friend of mine is asking me to do a huge print for him, and now I need to know who makes paper in the size of 60x90 cm (24"x36") or something close to this and where I can buy it?

Greetings Morten

2. Tom Stanworth

Tom Stanworth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I dont think anyone does sheets this size (the largest I have seen was tetenal FB in 27"x20), but you can buy a 10 Metre roll length from most if not all manufacturers. Most do 20" and 40" widths, but agfa does a 50" width. Most do both 10m and about 30m lengths.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  3. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Morten
    You can order roll paper from any of the manufacturers through a local distributer. I buy rolls in all different sizes and emulsions for particular jobs, It is very economical to cut from a larger master roll.
    Warning , some vendors will sell 30ft rolls as opposed to 100ft rolls, get the 100ft as there is terrible curve in the smaller offerings.
    I would suggest going onto the paper manufacturers websites to find out dealers in your area and ordering that way.
    good luck

4. modafoto

modafoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys!

A roll is very dynamic btw...I will try this!

5. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Silverprint.co.uk list rolls on their website to give you some idea of cost. Big difference between makers - 100ft/30m rolls of Agfa are not cheap but others seem more reasonable .

Cheers, Bob.