WTB: User Rolleiwide TLR

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Richard S. (rich815), Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looking to buy a type 1 wide Rolleiflex. Aesthetic condition does not matter, not looking for a collector's piece but functionality does matter as I want to use it. Even the lens does not have to be absolutely perfect (minor "cleaning" marks ok, cracks, fungus and/or serious scratches maybe not).

Anyone got one that just is not getting the use they thought they'd give it who wants to sell? Please let me know. That said please do not bother if you're expecting $3000+ either. I know these go for a pretty penny but I'm looking for a user at a user price (think Rolleiflex Price and Information Guide range...)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  2. John Austin

John Austin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I totally endorse your desire to use the WAR as a working camera - Mine has survived many years of use in dusty rocky wet places I can't use 5x4" in and has been a superb working camera in these situations

If you are offered one in pretty condition that you can afford buy it and use it - If only to piss off the camera collecting vermin that infest APUG

Mine is as you describe but for obvious reasons is not for sale - It is the landscape camera earmarked for the next UK work continuing my http://www.jbaphoto.com.au/englishbeaches.html portfolio - My current Australian work in on 10x8"

3. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump

4. Richard S. (rich815)

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bump. :smile:

5. Richard S. (rich815)