WTB Weston or Sekonic light meter (older)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by 2bits, May 22, 2012.

1. 2bits

2bits Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi
    I'm looking for an older Weston or Sekonic light meter w/ case. Must be in good working condition (no bad cells). Also looking for a shutter cable release for manual cameras, and a shutter release for a Nikon F2. I need a 49mm lens cap for a Pentax lens, 2 55mm lens caps, 1 Nikon lens cap for 52mm lens, and 1 67mm lens cap for Nikon.
    Thanks alot 2bits

2. 2bits

2bits Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Also into possible trades.
    Thanks 2bits

3. naeroscatu

naeroscatu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi there, as mentioned in my PM I checked and I have a Weston Master II Model 715 Exposure Meter with leather case in very good working and cosmetic condition.
    I also have printed instructions (copy of the original manual). I think I can let it go for $25 plus shipping. Not sure about trades, I have too much stuff sitting around anyway. Send me a PM is you are interested. Cheers,
    Mihai C.

4. BrianL

BrianL Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Check with Quality Light Metric in Hollywood as he reconditions the Westons and other selenium meters and as most of the older Weston seleniums need either a new cell or at least calibration by now, either pick up one and have him reondition it or see if he has any for sale. I remember years ago he was buying nonworking ones in good physical condition and rebuilding and offering them and pricing was very decent. I have a pair of IIS but, neither are accurate though still read so calibration probably is all that is needed. When working, they are a great meter for average lighting. I replaced mine with the Weston Ranger that was Weston's last meter and a only none selenium cell meter. A great alternative to the older meters and why I never bothered to have my IIs worked on.

5. 2bits

2bits Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BrianL,
    I just ordered a Sekonic L-V6 redone by Quality Light Metric this year. So we'll see how it goes.
    Thanks anyway 2bits