WTB - William Mortensen "the command to look"

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by DAP, Aug 18, 2011.

1. DAP

DAP Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I am looking for a copy of "the command to look". I don't want to sound like a cheapskate, but the more reasonable price the better (I guess I am a cheapskate afterall :smile:). I'm willing to pay a fair price for a hard to find book, but the handfull of $300+ jacked up copies on amazon are way out of my price range. I'm not looking for a collectors copy - used, abused, and misused are ok by me (I'm just looking for a reference copy). Thanks

2. DAP

DAP Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    For those of you lucky enough to own this book - I'd even be willing to pay you for a photocopy. I'm not all that interested in the collectibility aspect - just the practical info inside.

3. holmburgers

holmburgers Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you have a good library nearby, or perhaps you could even do interlibrary loan?

I got a copy of The Decisive Moment sent to my local library and I could barely believe it.

4. jnoir

jnoir Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'd also gladly pay for a photocopy set. Eventually I will buy an original one to go with the signed ones I already own, but that'll have yet to wait...

5. johnjohnc

johnjohnc Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a xerox copy of it....It is a interesting read in creating images that will command people to look at them... Price: $25 $3 shipping.

John Cremati johnjohnc@att.net

6. johnjohnc

johnjohnc Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a photocopy....It is worth having $25 plus $4 shipping.

John Cremati. johnjohnc@att.net

7. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    All, it might be worthwhile to find out if this book is under copyright or not, before anyone gets a cease and desist letter from his estate for selling improperly reproduced pages.

8. rrankin

rrankin Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Wikipedia says it was first published in 1937, and he died in 1965, so would still be under copyright, I believe.

9. foundtreasuresden

foundtreasuresden Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just saw your posting. I know it is an older post. I have been going through items from my parents estate and listing them as time permits in my online store. I did just unpack and list a copy of this book in my store and it is a 1st edition 4th printing. I have priced it at quite a bit less than other sellers. If you would like to check it out it is listed in my store ---- foundtreasuresden at ecrater.