WTB/WTT: "Dead" Polaroid 4x5 film

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by nickrapak, Aug 11, 2012.

1. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm just getting into 4x5, and recently picked up some Polaroid 54 and a back for cheap. The film is good, but the back has this problem where the release button doesn't always release the film (for future processing). Thus, I have ended up with a handful of sheets of exposed film and good chemicals. Since I know the unexposed film lasts longer than the chemicals, I was wondering whether anyone has some unexposed 4x5 sheets with bad chems that I could glue the good pod onto. The film I have is 54, but I'd be willing to try anything, even color; since 809 negs with 804 paper and developer results in a sepia tone, 59 and 54 should be the same. I can trade for 35mm or 120 film, or pay paypal.

Also, if anyone has a good 545 back that they'd be willing to part with for cheap, I'll take it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  2. Fotoguy20d

Fotoguy20d Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I've got a couple of 545 backs, and a pack of type 52 expired in 1992.
    Dan

3. jcoldslabs

jcoldslabs Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I've been playing around with this, and from my experimenting type 52 cannot be revived with other reagent pods, at least not the ones I've tried. I tried type 664 reagent pods with type 54 (worked well, but that makes sense since 664 and 54 were virtually the same), with type 53 (also worked well), but with type 52 I got nothing, no reaction. Not sure why. Maybe the chemicals were of a totally different sort.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try, but if my experience is any indication you may be wasting your type 54 chemistry on type 52.

Jonathan