WTB: Yankee 4x5 film developing tank

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Dan Henderson, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Awhile back I bought an old Yankee cut film developing tank for 1$ off a table sale at a (former) photography store. Despite all of the posts I have read here of people slamming Yankee tanks, I love using mine. It recently occurred to me that it would be handy to have a second tank to use when I am developing film for different times. I could move the film from the developing tank to the water stop, load the second insert, and develop the second batch while the first was fixing and washing.

So I am looking for another tank; the one with the plastic insert in which to slide 4x5 film and the lid with the light trap through which solutions can be poured. Not the kind that use hangars. Anyone willing to part with one please PM me.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. photobizzz

photobizzz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I use a Yankee 4X5 tank for my 4X5s, holds 12 and has a gizmo to help get the film in the slot in the dark. I only paid $25 for mine at BHPhoto new, just a heads up you can buy them new for cheap.

3. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I paid about the same at FreeStyle, also a supporter.

4. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    huh. I am so used to buying previously-owned equipment now that I never thought of looking for new. I guess I assumed that these tanks were no longer made. Thanks for the heads-up, guys.
    Dan

5. CAPTKEVIN

CAPTKEVIN Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have one if you want $20.00 plus shipping

6. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a FR brand tank you can have for $10 plus shipping. Its got a chip out of one corner of the lid, but doesn't affect use.

7. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have found someone willing to sell me his tank. Thanks to everyone for offers and advice.
    Dan

8. bjsmith7474

bjsmith7474 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have both a Yankee tank and a FR cut film adjustable tank if you haven't found one yet.