[WTS] BESSA-R body only [$200]

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by rawhead, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi,

I'm letting go of my Bessa-R, as I really just want an M-mount camera. Cosmetically, I'd say it's an 8.5/10, with some rub marks on the back rubber panel and a bit of brassing on the hotshoe, but without major scratches, dents, etc.

Mechanically, I see no fault with it, shutter firing good and accurate as far as I can tell, the meter working accurately.

Comes with genuine CV grip.

I've traded a bunch on various forums (APUG, LF, LuLa, GetDPI, Mflenses, Pentaxforums), always using the same handle name (rawhead). Also I'm ciguatera303 on Ebay with just one lame-ass negative in the past 7 years or so I've been trading there.

IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG

2. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Aaaaan, my photos are upside down again :D

3. davelam

davelam Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Now that i've straightened my head, it looks to be a nice camera, in black too, GLWS!

4. michaelbsc

michaelbsc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So, it appears to be fine. But you don't use it regularly?

5. Terry Christian

Terry Christian Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have the Bessa R2, which is the next generation, that added M-mount and a magnesium body. I love it to death. If I didn't have it the R2 already, I'd buy this one. If I recall correctly, the R is the most advanced LTM camera in history, and that even the newer M-mount Cosina Voigtländer lenses are actually LTM lenses with M-mount adapters so that they can be used on either mount.

A great camera at a great price for whomever gets it!

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The EXIF data for your image file indicates that the file has been rotated 180 degrees.

So blame your camera phone :D

7. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That about sums it up. The only L-mount lens I have is a Jupiter-8 that's really not well coupled with the RF, it seems (I've since read that that is a very common issue with the Russian L-mount lenses), I've shot a test roll through it to check the light meter and the shutter, etc., and the images all looked fine, except at near distances, the focus was progressively off. Since I like to shoot close up and wide open, it just isn't for me.

And, if I'm to buy other lenses, I'd really want to invest in M-mount, rather than L-mount :smile:

8. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yeah, actually I'm pretty aware that it's the fault of the iPhone camera :LOL:

9. michaelbsc

michaelbsc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And my dilemma is that I have both several FSU lenses and bodies for 39mm LTM, that obviously work well together, and an M2 plus a few M lenses.

I like the LTM lens better (just because), but I would like to move from the FSU to real Leica stuff. Obviously that's an expensive proposition. Especially when what I own now works fine. And I'm hardly making my living on photography. So it's a totally sunk hobby cost.

The camera body is a drop in the bucket.

10. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm bumping this @ $185 plus shipping & Paypal fees.

11. ntenny

ntenny Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, screwmount lenses are a *lot* cheaper than their M-mount counterparts, at least. And the various good third-party lenses (Nikkor, CV, Canon) go a lot cheaper than Leica-made lenses; I found I was able to make the switch from fSU to "true compatible" stuff without really breaking the bank, with the real workhorse lens being a 50/2 Nikkor. It's still a sunk cost, but it doesn't have to be a *huge* sunk cost.

You do find fSU lenses that work OK on a "real" mount, by the way. As far as I know the jury is out on whether the mounts really are built to slightly different standards (IIRC, Dante Stella and Karen Nakamura did experiments and came to opposite conclusions), but in practice there are clearly lenses and situations where the difference is negligible. I haven't shot my Industar-26m much since getting the Nikkor a few years ago, but it actually gave me pretty good service on a CV body.

-NT

12. Richard S. (rich815)

Richard S. (rich815) Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Darn there has been a lot of tempting stuff on APUG lately! I just ordered up a refurbed Leica IIIf so will have to pass on this one...someone should grab though. A great body.

13. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    PENDING PAYMENT

14. Vedran F.

Vedran F. Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The camera arrived yesterday - shipping was VERY fast and dealing with mr. rawhead was a pleasure. I highly recommend him as a seller!

15. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks, pleasure was both ways. I hope you enjoy the cam and put it to good use!!!

16. lightwisps

lightwisps Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Would you ship to South Africa?

17. rawhead

rawhead Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sorry this is SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.