WTT:looking for Cark Zeiss Jena Tessar 135mm 6.3 or 4.5 in barrel

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Trade' started by lbenac, Feb 16, 2014.

1. lbenac

lbenac Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. fotogooroo

fotogooroo Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I have a post war Jena Carl Zeiss 135mm f/4.5 Tessar in Compur Rapid MX shutter. These shutters put the late Copals to shame with a smooth run, click stops on the speed index and accuracy under varying conditions. My friend who is an experienced repairman and apprenticed at the then largest shutter factory in Germany Prontor, said when I showed him my shutter for cleaning and adjustment said, "Ah. The good one!" Anyway, the lens and shutter have been cla'd and carry a one-year guarantee. The diaphragm has ten blades and the last f/stop is 22, but the unmarked final stop is f/32. The glass is good - no chips or scratches that would induce flare. There is some coating mottling on the back element. The Schott glass produces a wonderful round dimension to objects and has exceptional contrast and saturation - everything Zeiss optics are known for. For $125 postpaid, you'll love it!

3. lbenac

lbenac Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you but I am looking for a barrel lens with the 18 blades iris. I already have the 180 and 250mm.

Cheers,

Luc