WTT: Shen-hao PTB 4x5 (chamonix clone) for Toyo 45CF

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Trade' started by morkolv, May 27, 2010.

1. morkolv

morkolv Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi !

I have a almost unused Shen-hao PTB 4x5 camera (almost 1:1 chamonix clone) which i would like to trade it for a nice Toyo 45CF.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that the Toyo get some bad reviews, lack of movements etc. But I was the happy owner of one and would like to get back the compact clamshell with a 135mm or 150mm lens mounted on the camera, great for the kind of travel I do. The Shen-Hao PTB offers more movements and has better spec, a very good camera, but needs to be better packed than the toyo.

So any how would want to trade?

BTW I'm located in Norway.

2. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm not sure you are trading up imho.

3. morkolv

morkolv Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, You are right, and then not.. :rolleyes:

Yes, the PTB (Chamonix) have better spec as a viewcamera in almost every point.

But, my aim with the Toyo is to have sturdy well protected clamshell package with a lens mounted for traveling. To get that I'm willing to let go of the better features on the PTB. So for my requirements for this camera usage the Toyo is a better match.

And I have a nice Shen-Hao 5x7 FLC (with 4x5 back) and a 8x10 deardorf when I need to do all the other stuff wich the PTB does.

4. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have a couple of friends that have the CF and they just hate it when I call it a 4x5 Holga LOL.