X-Rite 810 calibration step wedge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Mainecoonmaniac, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've seen this question posted on APUG before and I still don't have the answer. I bought a used X-Rite 810 densitometer. It comes with a reflection calibration tablet, but it's missing a transmission step wedge. Does anybody know the densities of the particular patches on the step wedge? I looked at the manuals online and they don't specify the densities. Anything piece of information will be helpful. Thanks in advance :smile:

2. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Each one is different and you calibrate to the specific density of the wedge you are using.

3. bascom49

bascom49 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have the same densitometer as you.
    You can order new ones from x-rite. They are not very expensive as I recall.

4. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Each wedge is different slightly form each other. You set the 810 for the values on the wedge. The step that is used to calibrate (CAL high) is about 3.00 density. The CAL low is nothing. There are steps of 0.27, 1.50 and 3.75 to check for linearity.

5. Mainecoonmaniac

Mainecoonmaniac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Chan!

I have a Stouffer step wedge with known densities and I'll use it. I assume I can set the 0.27, 1.50 and 3.7 densities with my step wedge with similar densities also.

Thanks again!

6. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yes! the other steps can be any values as they are used only to check if it reads correctly.