X-Rite 810 calibration

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by justin parker, Mar 1, 2013.

1. justin parker

justin parker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just purchased an X-Rite 810 off of eBay for use with verifying and monitoring processing with a Photo Therm Sidekick SK-8G I have coming in the mail. The X-Rite 810 I purchased doesn't come with the original reflection and transmission calibration standards. I am particularly desired to calibrate transmission for film measurements.

Is it possible that some apug member here in the US has one? How often do people calibrate their densitometers? Should I buy some other calibrated transmission wedge?

-Justin

2. PeterB

PeterB Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have the 810. I use my step wedges to calibrate it prior to using it for each session. At most this might mean up to twice a day. You really need to buy your own transmission step wedge for negs and a reflection plate for prints. I use the Stouffer brand.

3. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have them. I do the calibration at least every time I use it. you can buy those from x-rite but very expensive

4. edcculus

edcculus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I work in the graphic arts industry. When we still used film, the only way to calibrate was using the supplied transmission calibration card. We calibrated it every morning, then output a step wedge from the filmsetter to calibrate it for the day. You should be able to buy the calibration plaque from X-rite, but yes, they are expensive. Depending on how old it is, and how long since its last service, you may want to send it off to X-Rite for a proper calibration and service. We do that every year with our densitometers and spectrophotometers. Again, very expensive.