XP2 dev @ Tesco

Discussion in 'UK All Regions' started by Peter Black, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Peter Black

Peter Black Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Having enquired at my local Tesco as to the cost of developing a roll of XP2, I was pleasantly surprised to find it was only 99p for next day service. Your choice of whether it is left as a roll or cut into fours and sleeved. A good, clean set of negs was the result and its a service I'll happily use again on the odd occasion when I use this film.

2. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for info. Sounds good. For 99p you could barely do it yourself as cheaply and as long as the machine is properly looked after there is little to go wrong. Was it an on site service? The only possible problem is that other Tesco machines and operators elsewhere may not be as good.

pentaxuser

3. Akki14

Akki14 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I've heard Asda do this as well but, again, quality and customer service varies by location. I've heard of films quite badly scratched at these supermarket stores too. And the last time my husband and I were in a Tesco with on-site photolab, they didn't understand Dev Only NO PRINTS. Kept pointing at their price list which included 4x6 prints.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Quality varies immensely from one Tesco to another, and from one operator to the next. But 99p is a lot more acceptable than the 7.50 euros (over a fiver) I was charged by a minilab next to Leclerc in Thouars on Saturday.

Cheers,

Roger