XRP in garbage

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by finny99, Jun 27, 2006.

1. finny99

finny99 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Found an old Ricoh XRP in the garbage bought some batteries for it, couldnt get it to fire. Then noticed the spring was missing from the battery compartment. Found an old spring. After messing around for an hour she started firing. Works like a charm, mirror and focusing screen are nice and clean, just needs light seals. Has a rikenon 50 mm 1:2 lens and there was a Vivitar 70 - 210 in the garbage with it as well

2. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Man, you got a great camera at great price! I used an XR-P for 16 years before the mirror return spring got too weak to use anymore. I loved that camera. Have fun with it.

- Randy

3. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Man, I hate hearing stories like this. No matter how many times I stick my head into dumpsters, all I ever see is garbage... :tongue:

4. Wigwam Jones

Wigwam Jones Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    People keep finding Contaxes and Leicas in thrift stores, too. All I ever find are broken Time-Life cameras and Kodak disc cameras. Oh, and the occasional Polaroid 210 that has leaked something caustic all over itself.

5. Kevin Roach

Kevin Roach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format