Yashica 14e question

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by altim, Sep 25, 2011.

1. altim

altim Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just picked this up after a brief inspection, one thing I thought was odd is that the aperture ring doesn't have any detents on the various stops. Is it supposed to be this way or did I just buy a broken camera? (wouldn't be the first time!)

Other than that the camera seems to be in good shape, I also haven't been able to get the battery door off since Yashica has kindly not included a slot to help open it.

2. olleorama

olleorama Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mine was like that too. A bit like shutter priority mode.

I used a piece of a rubber mat to get the friction needed to open the battery hatch.

3. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Ditto re non-click stops

4. SafetyBob

SafetyBob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    1+ on the no detent thing too. I hope your battery door isn't difficult to open because of a leaking battery. Please tell us how that works out. Although you lose the meter, the camera works well without it as I recall and wait until you see the results with B&W with that camera and color even seems to be "retro" on it too.

It is a fun, small, and wonderful camera.....enjoy being asked about it. NOBODY and I mean nobody shows up anymore around my area with one around their neck.

Bob E.

5. altim

altim Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies, I did manage to get the battery cover off with a little piece of innertube. There wasn't a battery in there, so it looks like I'm good to go except that I don't have a battery for it :smile: I pulled the battery from my GX (yashica guy adapter) and tried it out with no luck, I guess I'll place an order for yet another adapter.

6. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    A 14e takes 2 batteries easily found on the bay for a couple dollars

Let me see where I got mine...

7. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  8. wruzin

wruzin Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have the 14 and the 14e; neither have that traditional "click" ( detent) when moving the aperture ring from F-stop to F-stop. Normal condition for these great cameras. I think that you'll very pleased with it, the lens is very fast and very sharp.