Yashica 35-ME with A76 1.5v battery

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Athiril, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    So this belonged to my mother's adoptive side of the family, her adoptive mother's father, my great grandfather though not by blood.

Anyway, there is some film in it, with only a couple shots taken, ISO was rated at 100, no idea what it is or the age. I'll develop it when I finish the roll.

In any case, I stuck an A76 Energizer battery in there.. didn't work, then had the idea to stick some foil behind it, bingo it works, the A76 wasn't fat enough for it. Light meter is now alive and well, and comparing what the meter says to using that exposure on my digital... seems pretty damn good, if maybe 1/3rd of a stop underexposed, the ISO rating which affects the meter works in 1/3rd stops, no problem, rate the ISO 1/3rd stop slower than the film :smile:

It's nice and light and a leaf shutter, lens is great condition, cant wait to see some results off it, allegedly the lens is a sharp one.

Seems very quiet and discreet :smile:

2. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks like a great camera, if the film is B&W you might have a chance to get something.

Jeff

3. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just took some shots out on a shoot alongside my digital.. it works with the ebay wireless flash transmitter - in auto mode as well, not just flash mode, so I can grab exposure (aperture, shutter speed) from different areas of a location and lock it in by half holding shutter for what I want, and further adjust that if I need to by changing ISO as compensation :smile:

Top shutter speed is 1/650th sec, since its a leaf shutter, it should sync with flash at that speed.

4. olleorama

olleorama Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ebay radio transmitter might not work at those shutter speeds. My did fail quite often at those speeds.

5. BobD

BobD Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  6. Athiril

Athiril Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hmmm Im fairly sure I've used it at 1/400th before on my RB67... this is going to require testing.

Cheers :smile: