Yashica 35mm Battery cap...

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Inherentlyacquired, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Inherentlyacquired

Inherentlyacquired Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello there I just recently bought a Yashica 35mm online and when I received it I realized it was missing it's battery cap...
    I was wondering if there was any place I could buy a cap online?
    Any help is appreciated thanks

-Quentin

2. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    What model did you buy?

3. Inherentlyacquired

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have a Yashica electro 35.

4. Chrismat

Chrismat Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Where are you located?

Mark Hama in Georgia is a former Yashica tech (he used to assemble Yashica tlrs). I think I have seen battery caps on his Ebay store, Lakesuwa Camera Store. Check out his website, you can e-mail him from there http://www.markhama.com/. Another possible source: Russ Cisco in Connecticut. Nice guy. He works on Yashicas (He's worked on two Electros GSNs, an MG-1 and a Lynx 1000 for me), he may have some. info@camerarefurb.com

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  5. Inherentlyacquired

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've heard of Mark quite a lot, I tried finding his Ebay account do you by chance have a link to it?

6. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ok, I don't think I have a cap that will fit. I have two broken Yashica TL-Electro 35mm SLRs that I'm using to make one working camera (thanks Ray!), and obviously I don't need two battery covers. But I do not think those will fit your Yashica rangefinder, they don't fit my Lynx 5000e which has a spring on the battery cover, while these are flat.

7. SafetyBob

SafetyBob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the links and suggestions for finding a cap. I was at a dead end for my pristine 5000E some 4 years ago and just shelved it for another day. Time to dust it off and see if I can't get this baby going. Been concentrating on other cameras instead.

As I recall, Mark told me he didn't have any caps around for the 5000E at the time but that was a long time ago. Sure hope I can find one now.

Bob E.