Yashica Electro 35 Battery Cap Compatibility

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by demonboy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. demonboy

demonboy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just purchased an Electro 35 CC but it comes without the battery cap. Does anyone know if the battery cap from a GSN would fit the CC?

2. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Nope, won't fit, completely different design.

35 CC (back)
    cc_back.jpg

35 GSN (bottom)
    gsn_bottom.jpg

The CC battery cap is a plastic bayonet. Other Yashicas that I know of are metal screw (GSN) or sliding plastic.

3. demonboy

demonboy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi sandermarijn - I'm based in India. Do you think this cap is something I could get made? Alternatively, do you know anywhere where I could source one of these?

I don't yet have the CC in my possession so I'm not familiar with the cap.

4. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Regrettably I no longer own a CC, therefore I cannot show you a close-up of the battery cap. From memory: it's a plastic cover with a metal strip/bar underneath that connects either the plus or the minus (don't remember how the battery goes in) of the battery to two locations (180 degrees apart) on the rim of the hole that the battery goes into.

It should be easy to come up with something (a metal strip or some conductive foil) that closes the electric loop. Then you will have construct some kind of (non-conductive) cover to seal the hole.

You being in Incredible India should not have any problem (?) finding somebody who can concoct something for you if you don't feel like doing it yourself.

Good luck!

5. demonboy

demonboy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hehe, yeah, that's what I figured. That's why I mentioned I was in India - someone somewhere will be able to make something for me :smile:

6. demonboy

demonboy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    sandermarijn - since you have both cameras could you confirm for me whether the batteries are the same?

7. sandermarijn

sandermarijn Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well, I had both, sold them just last month.

The batteries are not the same. CC uses a silveroxide 4SR44, GSN uses the banned mercury PX32. No fussing about for your CC then :smile:.