Yashica Electro 35 GS battery?

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by joeyk49, Jul 2, 2005.

1. joeyk49

joeyk49 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm about to hit my local camera shop. I know it used to use one of the mercury jobs...anyone know the make and model of its replacement?

2. JHannon

JHannon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't think you can get those anymore. I have been buying an adapter that uses standard Energizer A544 battery from Yashica Guy . A battery is included. I have installed this adapter in my 4 Electros with no problems.

Regards,
    John

3. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Howdy,

You might try this site

http://www.photobattery.com/

This was the only one that I was able to find a batt for my Minolta Rangefinder.

Dave

4. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Paul-

Goofy? It made my eyes hurt! :smile:

But his adapter seems as good as any, and $4 is about as good of a price as you'll find one of these things for.

Be well.
    Dave

6. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I was given two Yashica "GA" Electro cameras. One was trash being totally wrecked by a previous owner but the other was in pristine condition. It was this camera I adapted to use a common 3-volt lithium battery by inserting a brass washer and spring from the local hardware (total price $0.80). Tests comfirmed the operation and I may put the whole shebang up for sale if the market is there. I cannot use it as there is no way to independently set shutter speeds. Otherwise it is a great picture maker with wide-angle and tele lens adaptors, finder, and nice case.

7. student

student Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ditto what Dr. Bob said. I used a spring from a bicycle wheel to take up the space for the smaller, yet higher in voltage lithium battery. Works fine. Cost nothing.

8. derevaun

derevaun Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    GSNs (which are in this regard the same as GSs) aren't picky about the voltage--a 6v PX28a alkaline cell works fine. In another GSN I use an adapter from an eBay seller (dreamweaver?) and a lithium 6v. The adapter is a .410ga shotgun shell trimmed to fit. Works great and you could send those pesky squirrells a message :smile: