Yashica Mat repair help

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by Javajolt, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Javajolt

Javajolt Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with my new Yashica Mat. I took off the face of the camera and I can fire the shutter when it is off the camera. When I put the camera back together, the mechanism that cocks the shutter is not aligning properly and it is unable to cock the shutter (seems to slip past it- or gets stuck and I back off so not to force anything). There is nothing that looks bent so I think I am doing something wrong in aligning something? Everything seems to work well independently. Thanks for any help.

2. jstout

jstout Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Could send to Mark Hama. Money well spent.

3. danfogel

danfogel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  4. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. Did you take the face off because it was not working or for some other reason?

5. trythis

trythis Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Its gonna be hard to diagnose this without some very detailed photos. I have disassembled my 124 (non G) 10 or so times chasing down gremlins (some that I made while working on it.:whistling:) There are a couple of different fronts plates that all attach to each other, so guessing which linkage without pictures is nearly impossible.

I recommend taking lots of digital shots after taking each piece off. Hopefully you are doing this and can share those shots.