Yashica Pentamatic

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Tom Hicks, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Tom Hicks

Tom Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Anyone know or have any lens for sale, it comes with a 5.5cm 1.8 but will be looking for something longer.

Tom

2. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I think it might be a tough one. IIRC, that's a proprietary bayonet mount. An M42 adapter might be a necessary option.

3. Tom Hicks

Tom Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm

Hi John, yes it is a tough one I'm watching a 135 2.8 on the bay. waiting for a reply from the seller. I read that someone makes a M42 adapter but can't seem to find out who. I have a host of M42 takamars 24mm to 400mm. I just need the adapter.

Tom

4. BobD

BobD Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have a Pentamatic with 55/1.8 and 135/3.5. It took me a long time to find the
    135 at a decent price. These original Yashinon-R Pentamatic mount lenses are
    difficult to find. It might be easier to find a T-mount adapter for this mount.
    Then you could use any of the T-mount type lenses. There was also an
    adapter called the Unidapter for a line of interchangeable mount lenses by
    Komura. I have one of those adapters too in that mount (but not a lens yet).
    Komura lenses are excellent -- they also made lenses for Leica LTM and some
    medium format lenses and teleconverters.

5. Tom Hicks

Tom Hicks Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Bob, If I get the 135 I've been looking at I be ok with the system . Have you had any problem with yours, or are there any little quirky things about them I should Know.