yashicamat TLR light leaks?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Schunn99, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Schunn99

Schunn99 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Apug,

I have a Yashica-Mat LM Twin Lenses Reflex. I have had light leaks on the several of the rolls of 120 that I have run through the camera. Does anyone have any experience in how to fix light leaks in a tlr? I was planning to try to use black electric tape to seal the leaks but I don't know enough about TLRs to Know where I should start looking to tape to seal up the leaks.

Thanks,
    Scott Hunnicutt

2. LyleB

LyleB Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The most common light leaks are at the door. Either the seals a shot, they are generally felt and hardly ever wear out OR the door is bent out of shape.

First find the leaks.

Put a bright flash light at the taking lens with it wide open n shutter opened.

Shut the light in the room, look for your leaks at all the seams and the extend the focus all the way out n look behind the lenses as well.

What did you find?

4. Schunn99

Schunn99 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think that I didn't have the door shut all the way. I just noticed there is a latch on the front of the camera that the door is supposed to latch on in order to keep it closed.

5. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

That'd do it.