Yashinka 635 YIKES!

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Red Robin, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I found a pretty-good-look-in' 635 at an antique emporium two months ago. Saved up and finally brought her (a she) home. It seems to be missing a few accessories:blink: The little knobs that hold the 35mm film canisters and the little black plate that holds the film flat after its loaded. I know finding this stuff is a long shot , but wanted to ask. Red:whistling:

2. djhopscotch

djhopscotch Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    They show up on ebay as a kit, $40-$200 depending on who is selling it,to be honest the 35mm ability is more a novelty than anything else, it works well as a 6x6 camera, as a 35mm its not the best around. Good luck.

3. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Without the adaptor kit means you'll just have to shoot 120 in her.

4. Brian C. Miller

Brian C. Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The adapters are readily available, and I bought one for my 635. Make sure that you are buying a complete kit, which consists of the white rollers to hold the canister, the plate, and the take-up reel. The 35mm plate also includes the sprockets for the film.

For 35mm, I'd rate the Yashica lens as being good enough. I can't imagine anybody buying a 635 just to use it as a 35mm camera. I bought my 635 to use HIE 35mm without springing for an XPan. A bit of tape to lock to take-up spool in place, and there's some film wasted because the 120 friction counter doesn't engage on the 35mm film.