Your favorite APUG photographer.

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Quinten, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Quinten

Quinten Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello!

It's my first visit in years and noticed many of the users of this forum in 2006 are still around! There where some great photographers amongst them, some with very nice websites, and probably many more found the site.

So I amcurious who is your favorite photographer on APUG? And I don't mean yourself, that is too obvious:wink:

I am going to look for my favs of the past, remember the pictures not the names...

Cheers!

2. David William White

David William White Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is so much on a daily basis to be amazed at. Not only from the masters, but from those who are simply trying, like myself. I've experienced laughter, anger, awe, and I've wept. And sometimes I've gone catatonic and spent days pulling myself together. I think it is a little preposterous for someone at my level to point out a true genius here, nor do I expect anyone would care, so I'll just say simply

I Love You All

3. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The work I've seen posted here ranges from very, very good to simply sublime. It would be hard to pick a favorite.

4. Cheryl Jacobs

Cheryl Jacobs Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Are you asking for suggestions of work we enjoy? I don't like the "favorites" game, but I'm happy to point out interesting work.

- CJ

5. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Many.
    Hard to point to favorites when there is such a variety of styles, approaches and subjects.
    Sometimes, it might only be one single photograph that will embed itself on my mind for ever.

I am not sure of the purpose of this thread. I understand it is quite innocent and of good intentions, but it can prove to be troublesome when playing favorites and making it a popularity contest.

6. viridari

viridari Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Actually one of the things that has surprised me about this site, and maybe I'm using it wrong, is the de-emphasis on the final product of all of the talking that we do around here. When I first signed up, I was expecting to see more photos posted in threads to augment the discussion that was going on.

So really I've seen very little in the way of examples of the work of other members.

7. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Join one of the print exchanges to see the real deal!

8. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't think that my own personal taste in photography needs to be taken seriously by anyone else, unless he is trying to sell me a print. I could never pick a favorite APUG photographer anyway. Different photographers work in different styles and are good at different things.

9. naeroscatu

naeroscatu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What David said :smile:

10. Craig Swensson

Craig Swensson Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Well, good thing this thread aint over at RFF!
    I have spent some time in the galleries here, and there is so much to get through. Saw a donkey last night, liked that one a lot,but i`m not gonna put arigrams name in- oh shit.:D
    Nothing wrong with `favourites', we all have them in so many areas of our lives so it is a bit disingenuous not to approve here.
    My favourites are amoung the print scans,which take a lot of time to find, so i would appreciate any help to make it easier.
    so far, andrew moxon and alberto m, yep, only managed to get through the A`s so far.

11. patrickjames

patrickjames Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Off the top of my melon, Bill Schwab, Kerik, Brian Kosoff (though I haven't seen a post from him in a while I don't think). Those are my three favs, although I see a lot of good work here.

There is nothing wrong with saying you like someone's work people! Stop the PC BS.

12. ricksplace

ricksplace Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's not pc bs. It's just respect for some really good photographers. Try and think of a photographer on this site whose work you don't like. I can't think of one! What some of the folks do on this site is simply FM (frickin magic). I have lived on the shore of Lake Superior most of my life, and I find the work of Andrew and Bill a goal to shoot for. (pun intentional). I know I'll never reach it, but it's always good to have goals... And Wolfgang -what's with this stunning lith after stunning lith? You'd think you had some special process or something...

13. Quinten

Quinten Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That is exactly what I ment, not being an english native speaker I might not always use the perfect words:wink:

PS I speak the language as on the t-shirt in one of your portfolio pictures, "oma & opa" (comes from dutch), funny!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
  14. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i have too many favorites to mention ..

15. Quinten

Quinten Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The question was inspired by a website of a fellow forum member here, the picture on the homepage of her site stayed with me for years. I even remember the grain:wink: Forgot the name of the creator and so the site and I wondered if these experiences are familiar to other photographers here. And an obvious curiosity to the pictures that caused such events.

cheers!

16. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ditto.

17. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I would like to say "ditto",too, but Kerik's name keeps popping into my mind anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
  18. VaryaV

VaryaV Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I love you all, man! :D:D:D

19. Quinten

Quinten Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There sure is a lot of talent for politics in this thread:wink:

20. David Brown