ZBE enkarger head

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by NewMexican, Jan 21, 2014.

1. NewMexican

NewMexican Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello,
    I have had an Oriental variable contrast head for a long time but haven't used it for a few years.
    I am having a problem entering the grade function on the readout. I have to really wiggle, fiddle, with the button to get it to change paper grade. Any ideas? WD-40?
    NewMexican

2. DREW WILEY

DREW WILEY Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    No no no... not WD40. If you need to use a bit of spray lube in the button, it should leave no slimy residue. A dry teflon variety might do the
    trick. Unplug the unit, be very conservative about how much you use, and let it dry thoroughly before resuming operation.

3. momus

momus Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The auto parts stores have electrical cleaner in an aerosol spray can. Works great.

4. DREW WILEY

DREW WILEY Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Depends on whether it is an electrical contact issue or a mechanical issue with the physical button itself being a bit too tight. I've got one
    particular control button myself right now that is annoying, and I'm probably just going to remove the housing cover and sand the damn thing
    down a tad.

5. NewMexican

NewMexican Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hey y'all,
    thanks for the advice. Do I just spray this stuff around the button or do I need to remove the front panel? If so, how do I remove it?
    I am trying to relearn split grade printing so going from one grade to another is imortant.
    charlie